Sunday, August 24, 2008

Football Players are Just That, Even at London Business School

Anybody who plays or watches football is not unfamiliar with passions running unchecked among players. In the best cases, this results in a shouting match; at other times, this exuberance boils over into fisticuffs.

I suppose a naïve side of me expected that somehow the people who attend business school would be in complete control of their emotions, even on the football field. Not so. At one point during our Sunday evening game today, two opposing players chased after the ball; there was some jersey tugging and pushing. As the ball rolled out of play, one of the players squared up to the other. They exchanged words, before the first player, apparently the more annoyed of the two, shoved the second away from him. Nearby players quickly defused the situation, but the brief tussle demonstrated to me that football players are just that, and susceptible to bouts of fury, even if they're at business school. Here's hoping I don't throw any punches of my own while I'm here :-)

No comments: