The Flathunters' Pub Crawl takes place every weekday at one of five pubs near the LBS campus. It is supposed to be an event where people meet people they would like to share a place with, or an informal meeting ground for members of the incoming class. Given that the vast majority of people have flats and flatmates, FHPC is now mostly a social event for us to meet each other over a glass of intoxicant.
I've taken the opportunity to go to three of these now to break the ice with many of my classmates. I knew I could expect to meet very accomplished people at LBS, and I have not been disappointed. At the most fundamental level, almost everybody I've met, has spent extensive time living and/or working in at least two countries. Nick attended Lafayette College in Philly, worked with GM in the U.S. and in China, quit GM to stay in China and oversee the building of a factory for a start-up, which he ran for two years on a $400-a-month salary. Charlotte was born and raised in England, worked for Louis Vuitton in France for four years, before spending another four years as a project manager for Puma in Boston. Ankit is Indian, did his undergrad at USC, moved to London to work as an investment banker with Deutsche Bank, before spending the last year work in the family mining business.
It's a humbling experience for me to be selected among such driven people. I'm looking forward to learning from them and sharing some of my own learning experiences from the last few years.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment